

Sorry I am so behind him posting but Van made his arrival on Thanksgiving!! He was born at 2:54pm weighing 8lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long. He has a beautiful set of black hair and blue eyes (just like his Dad). I woke up on Thanksgiving morning at midnight with contractions. They were about 10 minutes apart for about an hour and they started to fade at about 1am. Just when I was about to fall back asleep they started again, this time stronger and about 9 minutes apart. I decided to wake John and call the dr. at 1:30am. She said it sounded like I was in labor and to head to the hospital. We arrived at the hospital at about 2am and got checked into Labor and Delivery. I pretty much got my epidural right away, about 4am and then they told John and I to get some rest. I was able to fall asleep for a few hours and John layed on the couch, I don't think getting much sleep. At 7am my dr. came to check on me and the contractions weren't coming as strong so they gave me petocin (a drug to help the contractions) and move things along. The nurse said I was progressing and by 1:50pm I began pushing. After a little more then an hour Van made his arrival. John was great throughout the whole process and even cut the cord. It was the most amazing experience to hold little Van in my arms for the first time. I have never experienced such joy!

No comments:
Post a Comment