Monday, December 15, 2008

2 week appointment

We went in on Wednesday for Van's 2 week check up and the little man is growing like crazy. He is already 21.5 inches long and weighs 9lb 2oz. I think his new nickname will be Bruiser! We are still working on establishing a sleep schedule but for the most part things are going well. On most nights I get up once to feed at 2:30am. That allows me about 3 1/2 hours of sleep at a time which I will take! Overall Van is such a joy! He is working on "tummy time" now and it's pretty cool to see him develop his back muscles. He is gaining a lot more control over his head and is able to lift both his head and legs up at the same time while on his stomach. I think it may be some sort of yoga move. If I give him a little assistance he can roll onto his back. He is also able to track toys with his eyes and today he even moved his head to follow the toy. His little motor skills are coming along great. I can't believe how much he has already developed in his 2 weeks of life!

No comments: