I can't believe Lily is already 4 months old, where does the time go! She is still tiny, weighing in at 11lb 4oz (I'll get her official stats next week when she goes in for her 4 month check-up). I took her into the doctor earlier this week because I thought she had another ear infection but her ears checked out great. The doctor thought she could be fussy due to her acid reflux and suggested we try rice cereal, which they suggest you start at 4 months. We gave it a shot last night and Lily loved it. I think she got almost 1/2 of it into her stomach! Van never ate the cereal, he would play with it in his mouth and spit it out so I didn't have high expectations for Lily. She did great though! It seemed to help but she was a little bit fussy today. I'll fill everyone in next week when I get her stats and where she is on the growth chart, I think she is tipping the scales on the small side! We are all doing great. Van is growing like a weed and obtaining new words like a sponge, his new favorite word is "dude."
I took Keegan to the vet today for her annual vaccinations and see what they said about her limping. The bad news is that he thinks she has a partial tear in both of her ACL's and is now on an anti-inflammatory /pain killer for 2 weeks and is on house rest for 30 days. Needless to say Keegan is going to drive us crazy, she is use to at least a mile walk daily. She is still allowed to go to work with me so that will help her from tearing the house apart. I hope the rest gives her stifles time to heal and she won't need a lifestyle change or surgery! The good news is that other then her stifles she looks great! She is such a saint with Van, I know we couldn't have a better dog. We love you Keegan!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment