Lily Ann was born 3/31 at 2:36pm weighing 7lbs 8ozs and 20 in. long. As you all know I was induced yesterday morning not due to any medical reasons just being very uncomfortable in this last month of pregnancy! Let me just start out by saying how nervous I was for being induced, I've heard some horror stories about long and difficult deliveries. So we went to the hospital at 7:00am and were checked into our room. They put the IV in and I answered the millions of questions they ask you before you give birth. My dr. came in at about 9:00 and said she was going to break my water and asked if I wanted petocin (sorry, I don't know how to spell it). I just said I was in labor for 15 hours with my son and I really didn't want to repeat that long of a delivery. She decided it would be best then to both break my water and start me on petocin. After that John and I just relaxed and watched movies (they have them for free on the hospitals TV). At about 11 or 12 I started getting pretty strong contractions and got my epidural. After that I was so tired that I slept for about an hour. The nurse came in to check me at about 2pm and had me do a test push. She said it was time to have the baby and she would get the dr. The dr. came in and I literally pushed twice and Lily was out. Much easier then the 2 hours of pushing with Van. She looks great and just passed her hearing screening, She is a natural at BFing and is alseep in my arms as I type one handed. We are so excited for our newest addition and Van already is a great big brother!
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Welcome Lily Ann
Lily Ann was born 3/31 at 2:36pm weighing 7lbs 8ozs and 20 in. long. As you all know I was induced yesterday morning not due to any medical reasons just being very uncomfortable in this last month of pregnancy! Let me just start out by saying how nervous I was for being induced, I've heard some horror stories about long and difficult deliveries. So we went to the hospital at 7:00am and were checked into our room. They put the IV in and I answered the millions of questions they ask you before you give birth. My dr. came in at about 9:00 and said she was going to break my water and asked if I wanted petocin (sorry, I don't know how to spell it). I just said I was in labor for 15 hours with my son and I really didn't want to repeat that long of a delivery. She decided it would be best then to both break my water and start me on petocin. After that John and I just relaxed and watched movies (they have them for free on the hospitals TV). At about 11 or 12 I started getting pretty strong contractions and got my epidural. After that I was so tired that I slept for about an hour. The nurse came in to check me at about 2pm and had me do a test push. She said it was time to have the baby and she would get the dr. The dr. came in and I literally pushed twice and Lily was out. Much easier then the 2 hours of pushing with Van. She looks great and just passed her hearing screening, She is a natural at BFing and is alseep in my arms as I type one handed. We are so excited for our newest addition and Van already is a great big brother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute, cute and Super Cute!
Post a Comment