Van is almost 5 months old now and I don't know where the time has gone! He has discovered his feet and loves to grab them any chance he gets. He is doing much better with eating rice cereal but as you can see it is a messy affair! He is doing so much better at holding his head up but he still isn't rolling over on a regular basis. I think he has rolled over a total of 2 times all on his own. If I leave him on his stomach long enough he cry's and then eventually finds his thumb and falls asleep. He really doesn't have much motivation to roll over. He is getting much strong and can almost sit up by himself. Right now he has help from the boppy pillow. He is my leaner though, if I don't watch him he slowly falls off to one side!
This week Van is starting to be watched by my Mom on Monday's (Monday's with Martha as we call them) and then Friday's with John's Mom. An employee left and instead of hiring another one to replace her I will fill the void since the lovely economy is affecting my business. I think it will be good for both Van and I to have some time apart and I know the Grandma's are very excited to have there day with the big guy. On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday Van will still come to work with me. I know I will have to get him into daycare soon but I want to try and keep with me as long as possible.
We went to Omaha this past weekend for a friends wedding and had a wonderful time. Van was a star! He was such a happy guy and smiled at everyone. His schedule did get a little messed up even though I tried my hardest to keep it as on track as I could. Needless to say I am still tired from the trip. Van only woke up once last night and then went back to sleep without me having to get up. Hopefully he is back on track now!
Things are going well with both John and I. John is working on finishing the basement with my Dad and things are coming along great. They are almost done framing the walls. Next they will have to tear up the concrete to install a bathroom. It sure will be nice to have the extra space, Van has a lot of toys!!! I have been working and I am slowly getting back into my routine. I haven't been riding that much but I did teach 2 lessons this week. Now that summer is coming it should be easier to ride with nice weather! I planted gardens last year and I am starting to see them come to life this spring. I have a few more bulbs to plant and I am going to try tomatoes and chili's again this year. So far I seem to have a green thumb in the garden, now if only I could get our grass to look better!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful spring!!

No comments:
Post a Comment