
We had enough snow this weekend that Van was able to go sledding for the second time at my parents house. We were prepared this time and brought his snow suit and all the proper winter attire. He had a blast! They only made 3 runs down the hill behind my parents house; apparently John had a hard time handling the bumps! I remember sledding with my brother back there for hours on end! I guess our butts are more able to tolerate the bumps better the younger we are.
Everything else is going great. The basement is almost complete. We are waiting for the cabinet doors to come in and then John can finish the bar. He was able to hang his glass shelves this weekend and he even tasted his first homebrew. Every week John has been brewing a different batch of beer and it takes about 5 weeks of fermenting and then carbonating before he is able to taste his creations. The first wasn't great but is drinkable, but then again I'm only allowed to have a sip!
We picked up Van's furniture for his new room. We just have to paint and then get his furniture all set up and he will be able to move into his big boy room hopefully about a month before the new little one arrives! We went to the Ear Nose and Throat doctor last week and Van will be getting tubes in on Friday. I will let you all know how the surgery goes, but it's a very simple procedure and only takes about 5 minutes. I'm still nervous but I hope that this makes our little man feel better. Other then the ears Van is doing great. He is now running around the house and loves to be chased. He is learning new words everyday and is quite talkative. He also learned how to give a high five, I believe John had been secretly working on it with him. We got a video which I will post.
Everything has been going well with the new little one to come. I feel movement all the time and he/she is already in the head down position. Last week I was measuring a week ahead but other then that everything looks great. I can't believe I'm already 33 weeks, the time has just flown by. Before we know it I'll be posting pictures of the newest addition to our family!

No comments:
Post a Comment