Friday, February 5, 2010

The neverending ear infection

Poor Van has had an ear infection since the beginning of year, yup we are going on 6 weeks now. He has been on several antibiotics and now we are the last step of an antibiotic shot that he has to get in both legs for three days. Let me just say, this is not fun for Mom. The nurses have me hold him down so I get the tear eyed looked. Today is the last day of the shots and then we have to wait 3 weeks to see if that worked. Van is such a trooper because he is such a happy guy. He still runs around and plays but every once in a while he comes crying and just wants to snuggle, which I must say I don't mind! Please keep your fingers crossed that this does the trick and our little man is on the road to recovery!

As for the new little bean growing everything has been coming along great. I am 31 weeks today and getting bigger. I went to the dr. on Monday and measured exactly 30 cm, which is right where I should be. The heartbeat was 148 and everything looked great. I start going every 2 weeks now and before we know it I will be holding our new little one.

The basement has carpet and John and I relaxed down there for the first time last night. I'll get some pictures up soon. Overall everything is coming together. Our next step is to get the guestroom cleaned out and ready to become Van's big boy room. I can't believe he is already 14 months, where does the time go! We hope all is well with everyone and I will be posting some belly and basement pictures soon!!

No comments: