Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Basement








John has been working really hard on the basement over the past several months and we are able to see the finish line! John has become quite handy and learned several construction skills. The only items we have paid for were the drywall and the electrical. John and my Dad together have made quite the team and done some amazing work. Since I am pregnant I have become the designated designer. I picked out the paint color, tiles, etc. The next steps are to build the bar area and then comes the carpet. They will be putting the molding up tomorrow along with putting all the fixtures in for the bathroom. Once we get everything cleaned up I will get pictures up, but here are few to see the progess. Just so everyone knows our basement is shaped like a C with the stairs being the open part of the C.







Here is looking up the narrow hallway to the left of the stairs (they are in the middle), there is a storage closet straight ahead, then John's workroom is the first door on the left, then the bathroom is the 2nd door on the left and then John's office. There is storage closet also on the righthand side.






This is looking from John's office across the basement to the soon to be TV area and the bar will be against the back wall, pretty much right behind the keg-o-rater.





This is looking from where the bar will be to the soon to be kids play area and Mom's crafting area. There will be a dishwasher, sink and custom built keg-o-rater on the left wall.


Underneath the little drop in the ceiling is where the desk, covered by plastic now will sit and hold all of my crafting/sewing items. Where I took the picture is the kids play area.

No comments: